Boston Acoustics MC-1 Moving coil cart?

twist72

Anyone heard of this? I just won one on ebay for $38.00 sealed and new. I cant find ANY info at all about this on the net. Im assuming it is a Ortofon MC-1 relabled for Boston Acoustics. Either way its a freakin high output moving coil!! and for $38.00!!! The sticker price on the package say $140.00

Never heard of it but let us know how you like it one you get some vinyl time with it.

I was following that auction also, but was a bit worried about the seller, who didn't have any feedback. No reason to doubt his worthiness, but I had decided on an upper limit of around thirty bucks, to limit losses if he turned out to be a fink. And when I checked this morning, it had already gone past that limit.
I'm glad you got such a good price on it, and hope you like it.
I had assumed it was related to the Adcom range, or perhaps the Apature or Audioquest high outputs, but looking at the Audio Annual for 1984, I see that it has an output of 3.5 mV, which is considerably higher than the 2.5 or so that the others put out, so it might either be a creative rating, or completely unrelated. The NAD 9001, a very nice cartridge claims 3 mV, so it might be related to it. It doesn't seem to have similar specs to the Ortofon though.

Just got it in today. It was sealed in the factory box. Looks preety simple. Im going to set it up today and get back with yall. Ill try and post some pics. Oh yeah its the eliptical styli instead of the vdH version. 2.5mv output

Back
Top Bottom