Cornscala 15" woofer specs?

ccdline73

I've been looking at doing a pair of cornscalas but was wondering if I should buy the crites kit or piece together my own. I sent Crites an email but if anyone already knows what are the specs on the 15" woofer he uses? Are there any other 15" woofers that I could use instead or is his the one to get?

Thanks in advance

The Cornscala (as I recall) began as an attempt to take the best of the LaScala (K400/K77) and mate it with the best of the Cornwall (K33....which is also used in the LaScala except in a direct/radiator format verses horn loaded)

You might note that Bob now has other mid & HF options available.

It might also be worth noting that some folks say the CornScala is the worst of both speakers, not the best.

Keep in mind that 'if it moves, it distorts' therefore the K33 in the Cornwall will offer more distortion than the K33 in the LaScala since the LaScala is horn loaded. (yes, the Cornwall / Cornscala will probably dig deeper)

So you have the highest distortion generator of the Cornwall (direct radiator woofer) mated with what some folks can't get away from fast enough... the LaScala midrange & tweeter (specifically the midrange I think)

Bob has now altered the design a bit and I think has one version that has a 2" throat HF horn, I think it's a 2-way design??

Bob's stamped woofer is supposed to be the identical woofer as what Klipsch provides as the K33.

(all above is merely my understanding of things)

My buddy has the style b version of the cornscala and he told me he ordered everything from Bob Crites. He said it has crites' own tweeter, i think he said ct125 and it has a selenium d405 driver for the mids. It uses a 15" cast aluminum woofer but from what i understand is that is the only difference from the original. If the hf drivers are an upgrade what would be a good upgrade for the 15" woofer?

Back
Top Bottom