building cornscala's - mid horn driver questions?

Jcricket

not someday, but today
Subscriber
Hey folks, I ma going to build a set of Cornscala's next week. I was wondering if anyone else has had the opportunity to build or preview these?
I have already ordered the crites xovers and his ct125 tweets.
I am going to order his cast frame woofers too.

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on building a set of cornscalas with the atlas driver from the khorns and a set of altec 511b horns??? Or the 511b horns and a different driver - got any thoughts on this? I do not have drivers for the mid horns yet, so I need some input on what I should get. I have a budget of $275 for these.
It would figure that I just recently sold a set of emilar drivers and altecs that would have worked perfectly - seems to always work this way.

For the tweets I have ordered crites ct125's, but I also have a set of selenium d210-ti drivers and a nice set of selenium horns. Since I am building the bass box seperately from the horns, I figured I would try both as the tweets and see what happens.

On Sun day I am going to go get he MDF and start building. I'll post pics of progress and what happens as I go.

Thanks in advance for the input.

I've heard the B&C or BMS, can't remember, 250 on the klipsch horn and it sounded much better than the Atlas. I've had all the Klipsch classic series speakers from the Heresies to the Khorn. I've also had all the Altec horns from the 811 to the 1505. In all those cases, I would take the 210 and the pyle horn over all of them. I'd go with the ewave set up in a heart beat.

:lurk:
Good luck on the build. I've been intrigued by the Conscala concept since I first heard about it. I suspect they will be my next speakers but not for some time yet.

It would figure that I just recently sold a set of emilar drivers and altecs that would have worked perfectly - seems to always work this way.
Hi Mark ,

Have a nice pair of Emilar drivers for $100.00 + shipping :yes: or Altec 806A-8 ohms for $275 + shipping .:music:

Back
Top Bottom