Sony TA 4650 Need help with Emitter resistor?

Adaboy5

I checked the value on both pairs of the white resistors and they read 0.7 is that too high? If so what are some suitable replacements? 1000003974.jpg

I hope you have the V-fets removed while working on this .
I do. I have been reading as many threads over and over again before starting. Watching videos and reading threads again!! I have finished recapping the entire unit, changed death diodes, replaced some clearly cracked resistors, Power supply adjusted to 20v.

Yeah!! I got everything dialed in and it's playing my favorite tunes right now!! I want to thank those who made restoration threads. I feel so accomplished. Somebody need a B2 restored, just kidding.. slowing my roll. One other thing anyone know what size lamp for the power button?

Yeah!! I got everything dialed in and it's playing my favorite tunes right now!! I want to thank those who made restoration threads. I feel so accomplished. Somebody need a B2 restored, just kidding.. slowing my roll. One other thing anyone know what size lamp for the power button?

Good work!!!! I hope my 4650 thread gave some insight. That was my first V-fet adventure.

Some will scare you away from working on V-fet amps, however some amps are more sophisticated than others, but if you take your time and are methodical and are able to restore one ,the reward is something to behold.

nashou

Back
Top Bottom