Realistic STA-2000 fuse holder

DapperDee

Hello All!!!

I recently got this receiver and have been giving it a good cleaning. When I took the bottom panel off I noticed one of the clips on the fuse holder is ready to break off. My question, is there a good source for a replacement holder that can fit in this space? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5685.jpeg
    IMG_5685.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5687.jpeg
    IMG_5687.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5686.jpeg
    IMG_5686.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 17
I ordered this one, obviously without measuring and I could install it ?somewhere?, but my thinking is "What if more of the holders go bad?". I was thinking I could mount a screw-in type holder on the back...

Attachments

• IMG_5691.JPEG
    IMG_5691.JPEG
    96.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5692.JPEG
    IMG_5692.JPEG
    183.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5693.JPEG
    IMG_5693.JPEG
    190.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5694.JPEG
    IMG_5694.JPEG
    69.7 KB · Views: 16
Being a bit lazy, I would use solder on the job. Purists would poo poo that though. Always your call.
I`ve silver soldered the snapped off circuit board mounted fuse clip wing elements successfully in the past when in a time sensitive crunch on occasion using a helping hand bench assistant tool`s alligator clips to hard press alignment position the broken off clip wing.
Worked well using a 120 v 80 watt Weller iron with its big chisel tip for good thorough even heating and solder flow at the splice.

Measure the diameter of those fuse's and search on Amazon for fuse clips. Many results of the individual clip shown a couple of posts ago b

I have a power control unit from a data center AHU that went bad that has the same clips
painttoad suggested. As I was soldering it to the board I touched one of the other clip… Lets just say today I ordered a set of ten to replace the others. Not sure if they just go bad over time or what.

I assume you know about midwest surplus in Fairborn.
Ceitron.com off Watervliet in Dayton, Steve was part of mcm in the beginning and his location was original location of MCM. But Steve just sells to repairshop with exceptions.
However he does sell on the bay..if you see anything on his outdated web site ask him to put it on the bay,
In Arcandium ohio NW Dayton is mail order only
In Lima ohio fairradio.com.its an old lumberyard all buildings are full.only open during the week and plans closing this year

Near Cleveland electronicsurplus.com mail order only
Near Indianapolis in Rushville in is an old radio shack store owned and run by Mr osbourne.he has a museum of old realistic audio. Still sell shack parts and other.
I still have a lot parts and audio from when I closed my shop
Doug

I assume you know about midwest surplus in Fairborn.
Ceitron.com off Watervliet in Dayton, Steve was part of mcm in the beginning and his location was original location of MCM. But Steve just sells to repairshop with exceptions.
However he does sell on the bay..if you see anything on his outdated web site ask him to put it on the bay,
In Arcandium ohio NW Dayton is mail order only
In Lima ohio fairradio.com.its an old lumberyard all buildings are full.only open during the week and plans closing this year

Near Cleveland electronicsurplus.com mail order only
Near Indianapolis in Rushville in is an old radio shack store owned and run by Mr osbourne.he has a museum of old realistic audio. Still sell shack parts and other.
I still have a lot parts and audio from when I closed my shop
Doug
A MILLION THANKS! The only store locally I knew about was Parts Express in Springboro and the now closed Mendelsons.

Back
Top Bottom