Search results

1. T

Luxman Scarcity

I am a little late seeing this thread but I'm a Luxman fan too. When I was still in high school ( '74 graduate ) a man had a small shop in what seemed to be a little workshop behind his home and he sold Luxman as well as a coupe of other brands which I can't recall. I was so impressed with the...
  2. T

Looking to get into Tube gear, suggestions and recommendations warmly welcome!

I did this a few years back and chose a Chi-Fi amplifier (Yaqin and later a Silk Audio which is a re-branded and upgraded Yaqin). A previous post warned about the auto biasing systems and at least the adjustment is manual on these. I used it as a power amp only, never tried it as an integrated...
  3. T

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

Thanks folks, it's that cuteness that allows us to still smile as they wake us up at 4:00am to go out.
  4. T

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

New Pekingese pups. We've had them 12 days now. just like having toddlers again.
  5. T

Thanksgiving is coming, fresh or frozen turkey?

We have bought both fresh turkeys (local farm raised and commercial) and frozen ones. Where I live we're fortunate to have a major producer in the neighboring state of Utah and I've found no significant difference between their fresh and frozen offerings. The biggest factor seems to be how long...
  6. T

Opinions about the Oppo UDP-203 as an audio player?

I finally broke down and bought an "open box-like new" BDP-103 at Amazon. Still waiting for it to arrive, but I think I'll be happy with it. Though it cost a bit more than a new UDP-203, I will take the streaming capability in exchange for the price difference. Thanks again to all who replied to...
  7. T

Thanks folks. Any opinions I've seen are related to their use as a video player. The price point on them made me a little doubtful about the UDP compared to the BDP as far as the quality of the DAC and the loss of some other features.
  8. T

Hope this is in the right forum, I tried a search and found no posts here about the Oppo UDP-203. I need a new audio disc player and would like to cut down to one device to play DVD/Blu-ray discs as well as audio discs. The old line Oppo "BDP" players (103-105) were very well respected as audio...
  9. T

Oppo UDP-203 Reviews and Impressions?

Jeff do you use it as an audio disc player too? I'm not into video all that much but I wonder how this stacks up against the BDP103 or BDP-105 as a audio player.
  10. T

Got this for fathers day from one of my daughters

I still enjoy it. Paul McCartney said he bought a copy for each of his children. A perfectly good record.
  11. T

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

Record Dr. V arrived a couple of days ago so I finally had a chance to try it and the Triton cleaner out. I used 5ml. of the 10% working solution to 250ml distilled water. I was very happy with the coverage on the record surface and with the results. Followed up the vacuum with a distilled water...
  12. T

What attracts you to tuners?

That says it all! In my area, we're fortunate to have a couple of decent stations as well as NPR on the FM band. My wife and I usually listen to radio in the mornings as there's local news as well as music. Later in the day it's LP's, CD's or XM radio.
  13. T

Made some speakers

Been there and done that.... You made the right choice in not making it YOUR project. Well done!
  14. T

Luxman $20 Garage Sale Find

I LOVE these! The MC phono stage will run a low output cart with no problem.
  15. T

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

I just got my bottle of Triton and will be getting a Record Doctor V soon. I'm really looking forward to trying this solution out.
  16. T

What's your latest audio purchase?

A Quad of Gold Lion KT88's. Gotta see what the fuss is all about.
  17. T

Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

My '64 Riviera -
  18. T

Why I stopped going to rock concerts

What I haven't seen mentioned is the expectation that the audience stand for the entire show. That has kept me away more than the volume. I agree with the observation that modern sound systems have nearly eliminated the ear pain problem. My problem is that I have difficulty standing for 2+ hours...
  19. T

Need to replace AT-OC9/MLII

Thanks everyone for the replies, I appreciate it. They pretty much confirm what I was thinking. I'm tempted by the Denon and especially the Ruby Karat but will probably just go for the replacement AT as I was pretty fond of the one I had. Maybe in the future I'll have some spare cash to pick up...
  20. T

NIB Luxman L-85v and T-88

Check Classic Audio for new retail price - http://www.classicaudio.com/value/lux/index.html
  21. T

NIB Luxman L-85v and T-88

Love this stuff, I have several Luxman items and I do use a T-88 tuner that was gone through at Radio-X. Not the most sensitive tuner to be sure but it sounds good for my use.
  22. T

Need to replace AT-OC9/MLII

Hello! Broke the stylus off of my AT-OC9/MLII cart over the holidays. Since they cannot repair it, Audio-Technica will replace it for $288.00. I'd seen an earlier thread regarding 3rd party repair of these carts and the costs are pretty similar and AT's price is about $50.00 less than another...
  23. T

What is with people acting "OLD"?

At 59, still enjoy listening to nearly every musical genre (except modern country). The local music scene in my area is enjoying a resurgence. There are as many or more local bands now than there were in the 60's. My biggest regret is that after so many years of rising early for work and going...
  24. T

Best Universal Player?

Happy to see this thread. I am in the same situation, wanting to consolidate my disc players. I look at the Oppo BDP 105 but am hesitant to spend that much. Glad that the 103 is also well thought of.
  25. T

Nakamichi RX-202 Fellow User Tips?

What they said! I love the UDAR Nak's. They aren't the most critically acclaimed but they sure are convenient.
Back
Top Bottom