Search results

1. L

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

HI, I am about to build 3 econowave speakers for my home theater using JBL 2226H 8ohm woofers I have lying around. I'm aware of the compromises in using a 15"(specifically the 2226H which many say shoudn't be used this high) but these are what I have and will be used only in the dedicated...
  2. L

Best speakers for a vinyl-focused bar?

Build some econowaves with veneerd cabs, and tweed grilles. Cheap, smooth and warm with vintage looks and 'new' speaker reliability
  3. L

Can I turn a JBL Jrx115 into econowave?

Well I was going to do that(use as-is) at first but this gives me a future upgrade to something a little better. Zilch designed the econowave hf section with crossover correction giving hf to 18khz vs 12.5k for the jbl. Crossover point is also lower (helping the 15"). I'll definitely use 3...
  4. L

Oh and the screen is an at screen so hides the speaker for home use. I must also add I'm in Australia so choices and costs are different here! These won't be used for music except for parties etc. Thanks!
  5. L

:scratch2: Ok so as most know, a basic econowave starts with a selenium d220ti on a jbl pt horn. I'm looking for a simple and inexpensive lcr for my theatre with good spl and reasonable cost. I'm considering buying 3 jrx115s and pulling the old crossover and hf driver and adding an econowave...
  6. L

Info sought: Sony SS-B1? Pics inside

Sorry to dig up an old post! I found a pair of these bookshelf ss-b1 speakers and they are very good for what they are. I have them sitting on top of a pair of Aaron sub 120s and they get loud and sound very good for the tiny price I paid for them. Probably hard to find but seeing as most...
Back
Top Bottom