Recent content by toomuchvinyl

1. T

Luxman Scarcity

I am a little late seeing this thread but I'm a Luxman fan too. When I was still in high school ( '74 graduate ) a man had a small shop in what seemed to be a little workshop behind his home and he sold Luxman as well as a coupe of other brands which I can't recall. I was so impressed with the...
  2. T

Looking to get into Tube gear, suggestions and recommendations warmly welcome!

I did this a few years back and chose a Chi-Fi amplifier (Yaqin and later a Silk Audio which is a re-branded and upgraded Yaqin). A previous post warned about the auto biasing systems and at least the adjustment is manual on these. I used it as a power amp only, never tried it as an integrated...
  3. T

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

Thanks folks, it's that cuteness that allows us to still smile as they wake us up at 4:00am to go out.
  4. T

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

New Pekingese pups. We've had them 12 days now. just like having toddlers again.
  5. T

Thanksgiving is coming, fresh or frozen turkey?

We have bought both fresh turkeys (local farm raised and commercial) and frozen ones. Where I live we're fortunate to have a major producer in the neighboring state of Utah and I've found no significant difference between their fresh and frozen offerings. The biggest factor seems to be how long...
  6. T

Opinions about the Oppo UDP-203 as an audio player?

I finally broke down and bought an "open box-like new" BDP-103 at Amazon. Still waiting for it to arrive, but I think I'll be happy with it. Though it cost a bit more than a new UDP-203, I will take the streaming capability in exchange for the price difference. Thanks again to all who replied to...
  7. T

Thanks folks. Any opinions I've seen are related to their use as a video player. The price point on them made me a little doubtful about the UDP compared to the BDP as far as the quality of the DAC and the loss of some other features.
  8. T

Hope this is in the right forum, I tried a search and found no posts here about the Oppo UDP-203. I need a new audio disc player and would like to cut down to one device to play DVD/Blu-ray discs as well as audio discs. The old line Oppo "BDP" players (103-105) were very well respected as audio...
  9. T

Oppo UDP-203 Reviews and Impressions?

Jeff do you use it as an audio disc player too? I'm not into video all that much but I wonder how this stacks up against the BDP103 or BDP-105 as a audio player.
  10. T

Got this for fathers day from one of my daughters

I still enjoy it. Paul McCartney said he bought a copy for each of his children. A perfectly good record.
  11. T

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

Record Dr. V arrived a couple of days ago so I finally had a chance to try it and the Triton cleaner out. I used 5ml. of the 10% working solution to 250ml distilled water. I was very happy with the coverage on the record surface and with the results. Followed up the vacuum with a distilled water...
  12. T

What attracts you to tuners?

That says it all! In my area, we're fortunate to have a couple of decent stations as well as NPR on the FM band. My wife and I usually listen to radio in the mornings as there's local news as well as music. Later in the day it's LP's, CD's or XM radio.
  13. T

Made some speakers

Been there and done that.... You made the right choice in not making it YOUR project. Well done!
  14. T

Luxman $20 Garage Sale Find

I LOVE these! The MC phono stage will run a low output cart with no problem.
  15. T

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

I just got my bottle of Triton and will be getting a Record Doctor V soon. I'm really looking forward to trying this solution out.
Back
Top Bottom