Recent content by absolon

1. absolon

Any way to restore Empire 598 II rubber mat?

I've had some success soaking the rubber TT mats in an ammonia solution (mixed per bottle directions) for several hours after thoroughly cleaning it with soap and a scrub brush. Rinse and dry flat after soaking. Not perfect but there is some improvement and no residue.
  2. absolon

AT-1005 tonearm dimension?

Actually it does, many thanks for that. I did a close comparison of some photos on the Samurai site and it looked like the basic structural components of that series didn't change. I didn't get an answer from them to my inquiry about it but bought it anyway. The pillar on the AT-1009 is 14 mm...
  3. absolon

Nobody?.............................I guess I'm going to chance it and find out.
  4. absolon

It's a long shot but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the diameter of the tonearm pillar? I have an AT-1009 without antiskate and am wondering if the collar from the AT-1005 antiskate system will fit my tonearm.
  5. absolon

Ess-hovertech-audiolabs cartridges?

Thanks, there are just two posts regarding the cartridges, neither offers anything specific beyond what is in the ebay ads. Might be a great deal but with no reviews from users to work with I'm not up for the gamble. Listening to the cartridges on my laptop isn't helpful.
  6. absolon

Not seeing anything related in the search results.......?
  7. absolon

The price difference between ebay and ali isn't encouraging, neither is the lack of specific information o stylus and cantilever configuration.
  8. absolon

I ran across these cartridges, seems to be a Chinese based company, and can't find any information on or evaluation of the products; info provided by the company is pretty sparse. Has anyone listened to one or have any more information about them?
  9. absolon

Denon DL-301 mk ii tonearm compatability?

I agree, the concern with matching can get a little overblown if a person takes everything they read on the internet seriously. My experience suggests things often, though not always, work better than the conventional wisdom says they will. I just have to settle on which cartridge I'm going to...
  10. absolon

Thanks for that. IIRC that was Rothwell or ETI-5000(?) commenting in response to my post looking for information on the unit when I found it. The carts that can best use it are out of my price range. I'm just getting my feet wet with LOMC and have been thinking the Denons are good place to start.
  11. absolon

Thanks for both those links. The calculator seems a bit more useful than the one at VE that uses data the cartridge makers don't supply. I'll also keep my eye on that auction to see where it goes. I missed the 301ii though there is still 2juki's offering; the hunt goes on. What I'd really like...
  12. absolon

I'm in excuse territory. I'm finishing up on a new dual tonearm plinth project, have the AT tonearm for the second arm and ran across the cartridge deal. The 301ii is more in line with my music tastes than the 103 I had originally intended to pursue and priced better; compliance matching is the...
  13. absolon

I appreciate the comments. I know the cartridge isn't ideal for the tonearm but there is a pretty good deal on one available and I'm hearing that it is a very good cartridge.
  14. absolon

Has anyone used this cartridge, compliance of 13cu, with an 18g effective mass tonearm, in this case the AT-1009?
  15. absolon

Lenco L75/PTP6

I've been through that thread recently and didn't see anything that suggested such. I would be quite interested to see the comments as well.
Back
Top Bottom